Community Scientist Initiative
Are you a scientist seeking to share your research and work with your community?
Science World’s new Community Scientist Initiative (CSI) is looking for scientists, researchers and other science-based professionals with a keen interest in engaging with public audiences, to become science communicators and ambassadors. Supported by gallery curators, and under the direction of the CSI Program Director, you will develop and deliver activities and experiences in our facility, TELUS World of Science. These activities will enhance our visitor experience by providing connections to real and/or regionally relevant science and technology.
- Completion of at least one year of graduate programming in science, education, or a related field. Relevant professional experience may be considered in lieu of graduate studies.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and capable of working in a dynamic team environment.
- Proven ability to speak and perform before audiences of varying size and composition.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Experience working with children and/or the public would be an asset.