- Applied Design and Technology
Ozobots are small robots. If they are not programmed otherwise, they follow lines and respond to coloured codes drawn on paper. They can also be programmed by flashing light into their optical sensors (from the screen of a computer or tablet).The tutorial at https://ozoblockly.com/ will help the instructor get familiar with the basics.
This series of challenges emphasizes the following Computational Thinking skills:
- Abstraction – representing complex behaviour as a series of code blocks
- Logical reasoning – “if I use this code, the ozobot will behave this way”
- Algorithms – combining code blocks to create a multi-step process
- Evaluation – comparing expected behaviour to results, debugging code
- Decomposition – creating a “dance”, or following a multi-step path by defining each step separately.