- Applied Design and Technology
Ozobots are small line-following robots that respond to coloured codes by changing their direction of movement, their speed, or the colour of the LED on top
This series of challenges emphasizes the following Computational Thinking skills:
- Evaluation – determining the optimal way to use lines and colour codes to communicate with the ozobot by assessing and debugging each attempt
- Abstraction – representing complex behaviour as a series of coloured squares
- Logical reasoning – “if I use this code, the ozobot will behave this way”
- Decomposition – in the final challenge, a complex path must be constructed from simpler parts.