- Applied Design and Technology
Robot Mouse is a simple codable toy that does not require a computer. Students push buttons on the mouse’s back to input a series of commands, then press the green “go” button to activate the code. The challenge cards offer increasingly complex puzzles to solve
Note that the red button represents a random action, and the yellow button clears all previous code.
When the mouse’s nose touches the cheese, it will make a special “victory” sound.
This activity emphasizes the following Computational Thinking skills:
- - Abstraction – representing physical behaviour with symbols
- - Algorithms – combining code blocks to create a multi-step process
- - Evaluation – comparing expected behaviour to results, debugging “code”
- - Decomposition –following a multi-step path by defining each step separately.