Science World is pleased to introduce a new way for K to 9 teachers and teacher candidates to learn and connect with others in the teaching community around a topic in Computational Thinking. These free two hour workshops will be held after-school at TELUS World of Science and The Exploration Place, between October and May, and pre-registration is required. We are excited to offer a number of these sessions en français!
- October 10, Prince George: Computational Thinking Across the Curriculum (including assessment)
- October 17, Vancouver: Introduction to Computational Thinking and Coding
Each session is based on Science World’s professional development offerings for teachers.
Full Series topics:
- Introduction to Computational Thinking
- Coding without Computers | Intro a la pensee informatique
- Computational Thinking across the curriculum | La pensée informatique à travers les programmes d’études
- Assessing Computational Thinking through interdisciplinary activities | Évaluer la pensée informatique à travers des activités interdisciplinaires
- Digital and Scientific Literacy
- Exploring Micro:bits
- Collaborative Computational Thinking Planning Time
- Coding Cafe